Giant machines are quiet compared to those huge taiko ensemble kits and drums of doom. Where other percussion libraries draw the line, we bring in a colossal orchestra which is treated like a percussion instrument. Metropolis Ark 3 is the ultimate orchestral beat machine.
It combines an enormous rhythmically driven orchestra with the loudest and beefiest percussion instruments we have ever recorded. Team up the orchestra and the percussion to program complex and rich-sounding rhythmic patterns and gestures. To join these two parts properly, the recorded articulations match perfectly. Thanks to the consistency of articulations, you are able to play all the instruments easily together for instant rhythmic insanity.
3 trucks full of percussion instruments and 111 musicians were recorded:
- 8 orchestral sections (High Strings, Low Strings, String Quintet, Trumpet Ens, Horn Ens, Low Brass Ens, Low Woodwinds Ens, High Woodwinds Ens) with up to 47 articulations per section.
- Taiko Ensembles and Taikos of all kinds and sizes, including a 60 inch monster Taiko, all played by WADOKYO, a renowned Taiko Ensemble well known in Europe.
- A huge set of epic percussion ensembles and single instruments played by ElbtonalPercussion from Hamburg with their lineup of instruments in all ranges.
- From very low drums, toms, snares, found percussion gongs, cymbals and wooden percussion, to the highest clicks and clacks – Metropolis Ark 3 is loaded with all of it.
- We even added an ensemble of three sets of timpanis and a Cluster Staccato and FX Grand Piano.
Metropolis Ark 3 contains recorded sections grouped into four "Districts", which are divided into patches containing a single articulation as well as multi articulation patches. You will find all of these patches inside the Instruments folder. Metropolis Ark 3 also comes with a selection of ready to play multis that are accessible from the Multis folder. The collection contains the following sections, as they appear in your instruments folder:
District I - The Beating Orchestra
01. String Orchestra)
02. String Quintet
03. Woodwind Orchestra
04. Brass Orchestra
05. Percussion Orchestra
District II - Percussion Ensembles
01. Taiko Ensembles
02. Percussion Ensembles
03. Timpani Ensembles
04. Ensemble Menus
District III - Solo Percussion
01. Solo Taikos
02. Solo Percussion
03. Percussion Menus
04. Grand Piano
05. Solo Menus
06. Aux Percussion
District IV - Orchestral Sections
01. High Strings
02. Low Strings
03. High Woodwinds
04. Low Woodwinds
05. Trumpet Ensemble
06. Horn Ensemble
07. Low Brass
Metropolis Ark 3 features Multi Articulation Patches in a separate folder for all sections and instruments.
You have free choice between a number of microphone positions, which have been chosen individually for best mixing and blending. All patches have Tree, Surround and AB, with Close I, Close II and Close AB on select patches.
These microphone positions are switchable in the GUI and can be controlled via MIDI CC. Additionally, all core articulations have been recorded with multiple velocity layers for realistic dynamics.
All samples have their natural panning.
Folder Structure - see the folder structure to verify your installation
File Listing - see all needed files to make sure your download is complete